Ayushman Bharat Yojana (National Health Protection Scheme) which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year.For an estimated 50 crore people, the planned cover for tertiary care is designed to be comprehensive as more than 1,000 treatment packages have been covered under the scheme.Insurance cover to at least 40 per cent of India’s population.
Ayushman Bharat consists of two major elements.
1. National Health Protection Scheme.
2. Wellness centres.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Features-
- Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
- Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database.
- The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public and empanelled private facilities.
- Cashless Treatment Facility for Patients
- To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
- Expected Premium Will not be more than Rs. 2000 Per Year, Which will be Borne by Central Government (60%) & State Government (40%)