Bhujangasana, “bhujanga” means serpent or snake and “asana” means pose;Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana is part of the sequence of yoga postures in Padma Sadhana and Surya Namaskar.
Benefits of Bhujangasana-Cobra Pose
- Strengthen the spine,
- Remove lethargy relieve stress
- It makes the buttocks firm
- Improves circulation of blood and oxygen, especially throughout the spinal and pelvic regions
- Improves digestion
Steps of Bhujangasana-Cobra Pose
- To start the pose, lie on your stomach and place your forehead on the floor.
- Inhaling press the hips to the floor and lift the upper body with the help of the hands.
- You need to arch your neck backward in an attempt to replicate the cobra with the raised hood.
- Holding the breath remain in this position as long as comfortable.
- Release the pose, slowly bring your hands back to the sides. Rest your head on the ground by bringing your forehead in contact with the floor.