Dhanurasana is very effective in weight loss program. It is a basic posture of Hatha yoga. Dhanurasana is consisted of two words: Dhanu means ‘bow’ and Asana indicates a Yoga pose.
Dhanurasana, also known as the bow pose, is a yoga exercise which is credited to relieving stress and anxiety, among other benefits.This asana is the eighth pose in the 12 basic postures of Hatha yoga.
Benefits of Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
- Effective in weight loss.
- Massage Liver
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Kidney health
- Cures constipation.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Gives flexibility to the back.
- Cures back pain
- Act as a stress reliever.
- Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest, and abdominal organs.
- Cure menstruation disorder.
- Improve function of kidney and liver.
- It improves posture.
Procedure (Steps) of Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) :
- First of all lie down in prone position
- Slowly, fold your knees up and hold your ankles with your hands.
- Inhale raise the thighs, head and chest as high as possible
- Hold the pose for 12-15 seconds, paying attention to your breath as you take long, deep ones.
- Slowly bring your chest and legs back to the ground, release your hold on the ankles, and relax with your hands on the side. Repeat for a few sets.